Current School Flyers available on:
Vista Teen Outreach
Vista Teen Outreach is a non-profit organization run by community volunteers. They are providing food pantries at various schools throughout our district. Hungry students are allowed to receive a backpack of food free of charge throughout the school year. For more information about volunteer opportunities or donation needs, please visit their website at www.vistateenoutreach.org.
For onsite information, please contact David Hanlon via email or call 760-726-5611
PSAT Exam coming to Vista High School
When: Wednesday, October 15th
Where: Vista High School Gymnasium
Time: 7:30 am - 10:30 am
Cost: $14 payable to VHS (limited amount of fee waivers for juniors who are on free or reduced lunch / see Mr. DeMaria for a fee waiver)
Register at the VHS Finance Office - limited to the first 275 students
For questions please see Mr. DeMaria in the Counseling Office or call (760) 726-5611 x 71020
Vista High School prides itself on being a safe and respectful learning environment in which collaboration and a strong connection between home, school, and community ensures the ownership of our educational experiences and successes. We promote, model and exemplify the Six Pillars of Character to positively affect our local community, nation and world. We continuously provide rigorous instruction and learning opportunities that motivates all stakeholders to engage in the most innovative, critical and creative thinking.
In order to fulfill our Vision, VHS is actively dedicated to:
· Implementing a rich standards based curriculum for all students
· Enhancing academic programs that challenge all students’ highest achievement
· Growing a strong character education program
· Promoting leadership opportunities across campus and the community
· Providing a canvas for self and group expression
· Connecting students through a variety of enrichment opportunities
· Increasing student learning and achievement through Professional Learning Communities
· Fostering partnerships with parents, the community, business and higher education
VHS Core Values
All Vista High School Stakeholders Believe in…
Pride in Unity
Establishing and maintaining a positive school-wide spirit where team work and collaboration perpetuates a safe and respectful community where everyone is connected.
Promoting the Six Pillars of Character where pursuing positive relationships are encouraged, recognized and celebrated.
Innovative, Critical & Creative Thinking
Establishing and providing rigorous instruction which impacts learning and motivation to maximize the success of all stakeholders.