New Student Release Information
Per Administrative Regulation, when a VHS student is checked out of school the parent must be present on campus and must present a valid ID. This change will begin on Monday, March 17, 2014. To see detailed information, please reference VUS... Continue
VUSD Stem Fest
Please join Vista Unified School District at our 1st annual STEM fest located at Washington Middle School. See attached flyer for registration and additional information. Continue
8th Grade Parent Night
Vista High School prides itself on being a safe and respectful learning environment in which collaboration and a strong connection between home, school, and community ensures the ownership of our educational experiences and successes. We promote, model and exemplify the Six Pillars of Character to positively affect our local community, nation and world. We continuously provide rigorous instruction and learning opportunities that motivates all stakeholders to engage in the most innovative, critical and creative thinking.
In order to fulfill our Vision, VHS is actively dedicated to:
· Implementing a rich standards based curriculum for all students
· Enhancing academic programs that challenge all students’ highest achievement
· Growing a strong character education program
· Promoting leadership opportunities across campus and the community
· Providing a canvas for self and group expression
· Connecting students through a variety of enrichment opportunities
· Increasing student learning and achievement through Professional Learning Communities
· Fostering partnerships with parents, the community, business and higher education
VHS Core Values
All Vista High School Stakeholders Believe in…
Pride in Unity
Establishing and maintaining a positive school-wide spirit where team work and collaboration perpetuates a safe and respectful community where everyone is connected.
Promoting the Six Pillars of Character where pursuing positive relationships are encouraged, recognized and celebrated.
Innovative, Critical & Creative Thinking
Establishing and providing rigorous instruction which impacts learning and motivation to maximize the success of all stakeholders.